9th Galway Garden Festival,
Sat & Sun, July 7th & 8th 2018
11am - 6pm.
Festival Admission € 10.00 pp per day
Open daily 11 am - 6pm
Supporting CBM Ireland
Get Ready for the 2018 Galway Garden Festival - This is a flavour of what your may be in for, have a look at the 2015 video below. It is going to be another great year!!!!!
Sample from the 2017 Speakers Programme
- Alan Whetham
- Jane Stark - 'Heritage Irish Plants - Plandaí Oidhreachta'
- Dr. Phil Havercroft
- Jimi Blake - 'Hunting Brook through the seasons'
- Mies Stam - 'Getting to know our wild flowers' (Wildflower Walks Ireland)
- Dr. Marina Levitina - 'Seven Wonders of your hedgerow'
- Pat Dunne - 'Garden Planning - helpful hints for a chemical free garden'
- Oliver Schurmann - Mount Venus Nurseries -'From Show Garden to Home Garden'
Galway Garden Festival also offers a feast of outdoor melody
St Patricks Brass band will play on Saturday and Sunday, Coole Music Orchestra, Four Shillings Short, Silvermoon Jazz Band, Roesy, Youth Ballet West & Scullion
Fanzini Recording Company presents a new limited edition long player “Circus Jukebox”, the greatest circus hits this side of a 45! Inspired by the glory days of vinyl, dance floors and diners, we bring a bespoke stage, a human size jukebox, where the audience choose who plays and who stays.
Medieval Armed Combat Ireland who will clash swords as part of a mini-tournament
Your Mans Puppets will entertain children of all ages
Shuttle Bus Times -
- Rare and native plants, seeds, trees, garden furniture, tools, pots, sculptures and craft work can be viewed and bought at the many stands
- Browse Charlie Byrnes bookshop and meet great gardeners
- Enjoy delicious Artisan Food, freshly cooked
Depart Ceannt Station to Claregalway Castle.10.30, 12.30, 14.30, 16.30 Depart Claregalway Castle to Ceannt Station 11.30, 13.30, 15.30, 17.30
Bígí linn ag an deireadh seachtaine speisialta seo.
The Christian Blind Mission www.CBM.ie to alleviate avoidable blindness
Míle búiochas to our sponsors below.
- Comhairle Chontae na Gaillimhe
- Déanta i nGaillimh
- Bus Eireann