Galway Garden Festival, Claregalway Castle, Sat & Sun, July 2th & 3rd, 11am - 6pm.
6th Galway Garden Festival
Saturday July 2th & Sunday July 3th, 2016
Festival Admission € 8.00 pp per day
Open daily 11 am - 6pm
All gate Profits to charity, Galway Simon Community, CBM Ireland and Claregalway Day Care Centre
Get Ready for the 2016 Galway Garden Festival - We are! For a flavour of what your mabe be in for, have a look at the 2015 programme below. It is going to be another great year!
2015 Speakers Programme
Saturday July 4th 2015
- 12.30 Dr. Dilis Clare - Physician & Herbalist -"Grow your own drugs. Hedgerow Foraging for Herbal Medicines "
- 14.00 Alice Taylor - Author and Gardener "The Gift of a Garden"
- 15.00 Kitty Scully - Head Kitchen Gardener Airfield Estate -"Pretty and Productive Gardening"
- 16.00 Carl Wright - Caher Bridge Garden - Garden Designer, Ecologist and Plant collector "A Plant for each month of the year; 12 brilliant plant for better gardens"
Sunday July 5th 2015
- 12.30 Jane Stark - Botanic Artist - "The Painted Garden: Irish Botanical Artists, Past and Present"
- 14.00 Evelyn Cusack - Deputy Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann - "Red Sky at Night...Shepherd's Delight" Questions welcomed
- 15.00 Anja Gohlke - Head Gardener Kylemore Abbey - "The Resurrection of the Great Garden of Kylemore - and some insights for Gardeners on the Western Seaboard"
- 16.00 Klaus Laitenberger - Author, Garden Designer & Organic Veg
Galway Garden Festival also offers a feast of outdoor melody with The Army Band of 2nd Command, St. Patricks Brass Band, The Troubador Mules, RTE ConTempo String Quartet (Galway Ensemble in residence), Galway Baytone, Colm 'Stride' O'Brien, Silvermoon Jazz Band, Sonic Strings, University Hospital Choral Group & more
Fanzini Brothers "Circus Jukebox", The Gombeens, Your Mans Puppets, Maria Auletta, Medieval Combat Association Ireland & more
An evening with internationally renowned Poet, Essayist and Memoirist JOHN MONTAGUE preceeded by RTE ConTempo String Quartet. Welcome reception at 7pm Saturday July 4th 2015.
Booking essential - Call 087 - 9419274
- Rare and native plants, seeds, trees, garden furniture, tools, pots, sculptures and craft work can be viewed and bought at the many stands
- Browse the bookshop and meet great gardeners
- Enjoy delicious Artisan Food, freshly cooked
- The Botanical Art Exhibition will feature works of Irish and English botanical Artists resident in Ireland.
- Courtesy shuttle bus from Ceannt Station on both days with Bus Eireann will run from 10.10am on Saturday morning and every hour after that with the last bus leaving Claregalway at 6pm. On Sunday the first shuttle bus is at 10.20am from Ceannt Station with hourly shuttle to Claregalway, the last bus leaving Claregalway will be at 6pm
Bígí linn ag an deireadh seachtaine speisialta seo.
All Gate Profits from The Galway Garden Festival 2014 are donated to:
The Christian Blind Mission www.CBM.ie to alleviate avoidable blindness and to The Galway Simon Community.
Míle búiochas to our sponsors below.
- Comhairle Chontae na Gaillimhe
- Déanta i nGaillimh
- Bus Eireann
- Iarnród Eireann
International Year of Soil Conference 6th July 2015 10am - 5pm
The National Conference on soil will be held at Claregalway Castle on Monday July 6th with Klaus Laitenberger and a panel of expert speakers.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations has been nominated to implement the IYS 2015, within the framework of the Global Soil Partnership and in collaboration with Governments and the secretariat of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification.
The IYS 2015 aims to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of soil for food security and essential ecosystem functions.